Ronaldo added another award to the collection
Real Madrid star and Portuguese national team Cristiano Rolando was selected as “Best athlete of Europe” for the year 2017 in a traditional poll by the Polish news agency PAP involving 26 national agencies, including sports editors of the BTA.
The 32-year-old footballer gathered 159 points in the 60th anniversary of the poll. He won this award last year. This year, the Portuguese won the Golden Ball, as well as the FIFA number one prize.
Second place is Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton (UK) with 143 points and third place with 124 points is the leader in the everlasting rankings of the Big Slam trophy – Roger Federer. The best Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov is 23rd with 16 points.
The Polish news agency PAP is conducting the 1958 Spor- ous of Europe survey.
A total of 72 athletes from 28 countries received points in the poll, of which 21 for women and 51 men for 25 sports.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal / Football) – 159 points
2. Lewis Hamilton (UK / Formula 1) – 143
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland / Tennis) – 124
4. Rafael Nadal (Spain / Tennis) – 113
5. Sara Shostrom (Sweden / Swimming) – 75
6. Marcel Hirscher (Austria / Alpine Skiing) – 68
7. Laura Dalmaier (Germany / Biathlon) – 51
. Mohamed Farah (United Kingdom / Athletics) – 51
9. Chris Fruum (UK / Cycling) – 50
10. Ekaterini Stefanidi (Greece / Athletics) – 41